What is a Call Center Representative?
A Call Center Representative handles inbound and outbound calls with the goal of increasing business, customer satisfaction, and customer retention. They are the friendly folks answering and placing most of the calls.
Representatives respond to incoming calls from the customers to take their orders, answer questions and inquiries, troubleshoot problems, provide information and handle complaints regarding the organization’s products or services. Additionally, they are responsible for making outbound calls to set appointments and gather survey data. Depending on the type of call center (inbound or outbound), they may need to be an expert salesperson or a master problem-solver.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area
Call Center Representative Essential Skills
- Superior communications skills
- Customer service skills
- Computer knowledge
- Detail oriented
Call Center Representative Roles & Responsibilities
- Fundamental knowledge of or willingness to learn the company's customer information systems and/or order system
- Understand the company,its services and products
- Respond to the needs of customers and provide personalized service
- Manage and update customer databases
- Handle inbound and outbound calls of a lesser complexity that are primarily routine or basic in nature
- Follow basic procedures and scripts
- Evaluate problems and complaints of the callers and provide proper solutions to them
- Upsell products and services
- Make relevant notes from customer interactions