Women in Supply Chain: Closing the Gender Gap
Successful and well-balanced companies know that women business leaders, especially those with exceptional leadership skills, provide major benefits. Employers demand so-called “soft skills” such as collaboration, creativity, problem solving, and multitasking in the fast-paced supply chain work environment. Many strong females happen to naturally possess these. It’s shown time and again that these skills can improve employee engagement and make for smooth-running operations. But why is recruiting more women in supply chain and logistics still an issue?
Why does the gender gap exist in supply chain?
Why do we need women in supply chain?
How can we support women in supply chain & close the gender gap?
How can women in logistics & supply chain succeed?
- Identifying and developing those high-performing women who aspire to lead
- Providing the kind of individual feedback that reinforces and builds confidence and high-performance
- Building empowered and effective networks with the express role of generating opportunities for women’s leadership growth
- Actively giving qualified women leadership opportunities
- Putting in place challenging and aspirational career paths for women at work
The most effective leaders count with attributes such as the ability to generate collaboration, effective communication, and respect. The path to leadership should follow and be characterized by the same qualities. It is important to keep in mind that diverse perspectives and experiences offer a strategic advantage at the leadership level.
A tradition of a male-dominated supply chain sector has made it difficult for women to be well represented, or at least considered as an equal in the competition for supply chain jobs. In the past few years, there have been subtle signs of change, but not enough.
Hiring more female talent, and encouraging women to pursue supply chain & logistics roles are key to closing the gender gap. Are you looking for a career change? Browse all open supply chain jobs today to find your dream position.